Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to school!


Hi All,

It was a crazy summer and now it is time to buckle down and get back to school. Unfortunately, my brain has not gotten the message. We have been back to class for two weeks now and I am not doing well on my tests! Please say a prayer for me if the Lord brings it to mind. I am working just as hard studying, but for whatever reason... I am struggling.

The summer was a great time to catch up on some socializing. As you read in my previous post I was able to go up to NC for Mike's Graduation/Mollie's Dedication in May. In June, I worked like a crazy woman. I was in the office on Monday's and Friday's and then working nights at All Children's Hospital on Tuesday's and Wednesday's. My poor body didn't know when to be awake and when to sleep. The blessing was that between the two jobs I was able to work full time for the summer.

In July, Pam and Mike came to town with Mollie, although it was due to a sad occasion (Pam lost a close friend from her Elementary School days) it was very good to see them. Also, Beckie and the boys were down from Nashville. We had a few girl's nights out, and really enjoyed each other just like old times:)

In August, I drove up to see Ethan and his family for three days. The trip up was eventful, because I was struck by a semi on the highway. I know that sounds terrible, but the damage was minimal and although I was a wreck when it first happened, the Lord was with me and not only gave peace, but protection as well. I was only in Murfreesboro for three days, but it was good to see Ethan, Sharon and the kids, it had been a year since we were together. I was able to be there for Luke's 2nd birthday (couldn't believe how he has grown) we celebrated by having a family day of fun. We started at the McDonald's with a play area, headed to the mall play area and then off to Chuck E Cheese. The kids had a blast and the three adults were plumb tuckered when we got home:)

Now it is time to hit the books and focus. Thanks for reading.

Love to all.

No comments: